- What documents should a driver carry when driving?
- What are the consequences for driving without a license?
- When can the authorities detain a vehicle?
- What is the punishment for drunken driving/driving under the influence of any drug?
- What happens if I do not appear in the court in a drunken driving case?
- If being booked for drunken driving; can I continue to drive myself?
- Under what conditions is the towing of a vehicle allowed?
- What are the duties of a driver, when his vehicle is involved in an accident resulting in death/bodily injury/damage to property?
- What is the rule for use of Mobile Phone while driving?
- Can I use hand free or any other accessories of Mobile Phone while driving?
- Can other occupants of the Motor vehicle use Mobile? After receiving call or SMS on Mobile, can I park my vehicle and use Mobile?
- What is fine or penalty for using Mobile while driving?
- If I am a Doctor; Can I use Mobile in an emergency while driving?
- What is the rule for tinted glasses?
- What is the rule regarding the use of seat belts? Is it bindings to use seat belts while driving in interior areas or by-lanes?
- What should I do after depositing the citation case fine at the designated bank?
- What should I do while selling my car?
- What should I do if I intend to buy an old or used car?
- I crossed the stop line seeing green signal, but traffic in front of me was not moving & I got penalized for violating Red Light. Why?
- I crossed stop line before the signal turning Red, while it was still yellow. But I could not clear the junction due to congestion ahead. Why I was Fined for Signal Jumping?
- What is the rule regarding use of helmets while driving a Scooter or Motor Cycle?
- What comprises a good helmet?
- What is the life time of a helmet and how should a helmet be handled?
- Do helmets cause balding?
- How should a helmet fit?
- Do we have a safety standard for Motor Cycle helmets?
- Advise while buying helmet?
A helmet must fit snugly, rather, slightly tightly than comfortably. After fastening the chin strap, push back on the front of the helmet, if it sides back on your head, select one that grips well and does not wobble and move when worn.
Yes, we do. There is an Indian Standard Specification for motorcycle helmets, ISI 4151. There are other ISI standards for industrial and mining helmets too. These helmets are constructed very differently from motorcycle helmets and cannot be depended for protection in a motorcycle accident situation.